Curriculum Vitae of Herman Geuvers
- Born May 19, 1964 in Deventer (NL)
- Married, three children
- 1976 -- 1982 Highschool/Gymnasium (VWO) in Deventer and Zutphen (NL)
- 1982 -- 1988 Mathematics study in Nijmegen.
Master Thesis under the supervision of Prof.dr. H.P. Barendregt cum laude
- 1988 Three months visit to the Computer Science Department in Pisa, Italy (Prof.dr. G. Longo)
- 1989 -- 1993 Ph.D. student (Assistent in Opleiding) in the
Computer Science Department in Nijmegen, under supervision of
Prof.dr. H.P. Barendregt. Ph.D. thesis Logics and Type Systems, September 1993.
- 1993 Post-doc, Computer Science Department in Nijmegen.
- 1993 --1999 Assistant Professor in the Formal Methods group
(headed by Prof.dr. J.C.M. Baeten) of the Computer Science Department,
Eindhoven University of Technology.
- 2000 -- Associate Professor in the Foundations group of the
Computer Science Department, Radboud University Nijmegen.
- May 1 2001 -- May 1 2003 Research Director of the Computer
Science Department, Radboud University Nijmegen.
- May 1 2003 -- present, Head of the Foundations group of the Institute for
Computing and Information Science Radboud University Nijmegen.
- August 1 2006 -- present, Professor in Computer Assisted Reasoning Radboud University Nijmegen.
- 2007 -- present, Professor in Computer Assisted Reasoning (1 day per week) Technical University Eindhoven.
- Some professional activities.
- 2001 -- 2004 Member of the BCI (committee for the
evaluation of research proposals in Computer Science of NWO, the Dutch national science
- Organisation chair and PC member of the Logic Colloquium 2006, which we
organise under auspices of the ASL, Nijmegen NL.
- Editor in chief of the proceedings of LC2006 which will appear
Lectures Notes on Logic LNL series.
Coorganiser and program co-chair of the PATE workshop,
an RDP07 associated
workshop, June 2007, Paris.
Coorganiser of the MAP
2007 meeting, which will be held in Leiden (Netherlands) from
January 8th through January 12th, 2007.
Coorganiser of the small TYPES workshop CHIT CHAT,
Curry-Howard Implementation Techniques / Connecting Humans and
Type-checkers, December 2006, Nijmegen NL.
Coorganiser of the small TYPES workshop Constructive analysis, types and exact real numbers, 3/4 October 2005, Nijmegen NL
Coorganiser of the small TYPES workshop Types for Mathematics / Libraries of Formal Mathematics, November 1-2 2004, Nijmegen NL.
Member of the Steering Committee of the EU Coordination Action Types.
- Trustee of the MKM (Mathematical Knowledge Management) Interest Group (until October 2006).
Programme Committee member
8th International Workshop On User Interfaces for Theorem Provers
(TPHOLS'08 Satellite Workshop Friday, 22nd August 2008, Montréal,
Programme Committee member
of MKM08 7th
International Conference on Mathematical Knowledge Management MKM 2008
Birmingham, UK, 28-30 July 2008.
Coorganiser of the Symposium Reflections on Type Theory, Lambda Calculus, and the Mind,
celebrating Henk Barendregt's 60th birthday. Monday 17 December 2007, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
Co-editor (together with E. Barendsen, V. Capretta and M. Niqui) of the Book Reflections on Type Theory, Lambda Calculus, and the Mind,
Essays Dedicated to Henk Barendregt on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands.