Reflection: a powerful and ubiquitous logical mechanism, 2nd
quarter, Fall 2015
General information on this course can be found in the
studiegids. Please don't forget to register in blackboard for this
course, in order to receive (email) announcements. Relevant course
information will be provided here (and not in blackboard).
The lectures will be given by Herman Geuvers (in Dutch). An exercises class will
be given by Demian Janssen. All course material will be in English.
Lectures will be on Monday evening, 18:00-20:00, in lecture hall
HG00.307 in the Huygens building. The first lecture will be on
November 9, and the last one on January 11. Exercise classes will be
on Tuesday evening 18:00-20:00, in the Huygens building. (See below
for the weekly location, which changes.)
Prerequisites consist of (secondary) school mathematics.
Course material consists of:
Weekly exercises can be handed in (not obligatory): your answers will be
checked. The exam (time not yet known)
constitutes your grade.
- Reflection Lecture notes, written
by Henk Barendregt,
- Everything the teacher writes on the blackboard during the lectures,
- Slides, which are being produced as the course proceeds. See below.
- lecture 1, Monday 9/11, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307,
- lecture 2, Monday 16/11, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- lecture 3, Monday 23/11, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- Topic: Meta-awareness (lecture by Henk Barendregt)
- NO exercise class on Tuesday 24/11
- lecture 4, Monday 30/11, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- lecture 5, Monday 7/12, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- lecture 6, Monday 14/12, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- lecture 7, Monday 4/1, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- lecture 8, Monday 11/1, 18:00-20:00, HG00.307
- Question hour, Friday 22/1, 15:30-16:30, HG00.058
- Old exam in Dutch (and not totally
representative for the material of this year)
- Answers to the old exam.
- The exam takes place on Monday, January 25, 16:30-19:30 in
HG00.307 and HG00.304.
During the exam you can consult all your notes on paper, assignments,
copies of the slides, etc., but you cannot use a laptop, telephone or
other electronic equipment.
- The time and place of the second chance are not yet known.