This page is used to collect seeds: raw, unfinished, or far fetched ideas, that I do not have the time or the courage to work on. Feel free to browse them and get inspired. But tell me if you worked on them!
For later seeds see my blog (the original creation dates of the seeds below got lost in the mist of metadata and versioning system changes)
- Reading weblogs and web fora is a pain, and keeping up with them even more. All this pointing and clicking, there's something missing... But good 'ol' nntp comes to the rescue!
- There is cat /dev/null for things uninteresting. Let's build cat /dev/eternity for things that are interesting...
- Tired of maintaining these boring bibliographic database yourself? Want to be sure you're using the right bibliographic information? Here's NetBiBTeX: BiBTeX with access to any BiBTeX database on the web.
- It would be so cool if you could browse the web through the favourite links of other people (and if they would be able to do the same to you)! MindPool does it.
- (La)TeX output is of superior quality. But making your own style files is extremely difficult and error prone. Moreover, it can't process HTML or XML directly. Adder allows you to program a TeX system using a proper style programming language. And groks *ML. (Did I hear anybody say: Cascaded Style Sheets??? .… Don't make me laugh!!)
- Alas, the paperless office seems to generate more and more paper. But what if you could download a magazine as a single pdf, but save individual articles that you actually want to keep after reading them?.
- Object Oriented File System - OOFS
- Hierarchical file systems are soooo seventies! We can do better. Here's how.
- With so many "senders" and so little "receivers" in web-log-land, wouldn't it be neat to be alerted if someone saw/did/felt/heard the same thing you did?
- Say it with flowers...? No, an excuse-me-service. Saying sorry is hard. But Japanese are good at it. So hire one, to say sorry for you! (And, for people sick of hearing excuses, there's 0906-THANKYOU, also Japanese, to receive the apologies for you...).
[Thanx to Cees, MaOo and the other SoS-ers (sausages?) for this one!]
- CD-R Repair Man
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's.… CD-R Repair Man! How old is CD-R technology now? 10 years? Anyway, old enough for discs to get corrupted, faded away, whatever. Important discs (what else!?). So wouldn't it be great to be able to go to a shop where friendly, trustworthy and knowledgable people help to restore all data on that corrupted disc? I'd feel a lot safer...
- Digital Matchmaker
- Imagine your watch would light up whenever someone with the same tastes or interests comes close to you? That's what the Digital Matchmaker does!
Last Version - Tue Oct 26 21:47:55 2021 +0200 / fc8eb8c.
(Note: changeover from CVS to dotless svn version numbers on Jan 19, 2008, and changeover to GIT versioning on May 30, 2013.)
Maintained by Jaap-Henk Hoepman