This page has moved. The address www.robertfurber.com will always be directed to my current web site.
I am a post-doc in Aalborg University. My interests are in probability, logic, quantum, and category theory, especially monads. My email address is my last name at cs dot aau dot dk.
Publications, Preprints, etc.
- From Kleisli categories to commutative C*-algebras: Probabilistic Gelfand Duality with Bart Jacobs.
On arXiv, published in LMCS, Selected Papers of the 5th Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2013).
An earlier version has been published by Springer in the proceedings LNCS 8089.
- Towards a Categorical Account of Conditional Probability with Bart Jacobs.
On arXiv, accepted by QPL 2013. Appeared in EPTCS 195.
- The Expectation Monad in Quantum Foundations with Bart Jacobs and Jorik Mandemaker.
Appearing any moment now in Information and Computation.
The original version of this paper was by Jacobs and Mandemaker only, in the proceedings of QPL 2011.
- Unordered Tuples in Quantum Computation with Bas Westerbaan.
This paper is on how to realize certain quotient types (unordered tuples and necklaces) in C*-algebraic quantum theory. Appeared in EPTCS 195.
- Quantum Entanglement and Algebraic Group Actions
My Master's thesis, supervised by Bob Coecke
On Bob's site
- Categorical Duality in Probability and Quantum Foundations
My PhD thesis, supervised by Bart Jacobs
Will be here when it's done.