Homepage of Erik Poll
My research interest are formal methods and security,
and ideally combining the two, though much of my research
into security is more applied.
In more detail, I'm interested in
- security: software
security; smartcards and smartcard applications, such as electronic passports and EMV payment cards;
online identification, payment systems, and smart grids.
using formal methods to improve software security:
protocol analysis, fuzzing, model-based testing, and
state machine learning as a way of reverse engineering
implementations of security protocols;
program specification and verification, in particular for Java and Java Card
Courses in our Bachelor Cyber
and TRU/e Master in
Kerckhoffs Master in Computer Security.
Other teaching-related stuff:
Program committees, events, etc.
- OWASP BeNeLux-Day 2016,
Luxemburg, March 17-18, 2016.
- LangSec 2016, San Jose, May 26, 2016
- IEEE Workshop on Formal Methods Integration, Pittsburgh, USA, July 27-30, 2016
- Summer School on Information Security and Protection (ISSISP) 2015,
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 27-31, 2015
IEEE International Workshop on Formal Methods Integration
- Security Aspects
Cyber Physical Systems (SACPS 2015)
- ESSOS 2014 (International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems)
- CARDIS 2013- Smart Card Research and Advanced Application Conference
- Workshop on Smart Energy Grid (SEGS)
at the 21th ACM CCS 2014